Sunday, March 28, 2010

Core 3 Reflection

Finding sources for Core 3 was not as challenging as it seemed to be. Once I dove into my research, I found it easier to stumble upon sources that helped me tremendously. However, I did struggle with the thesis statement. I found it difficult to come up with a solution since the problem is not easily solved. The annotations were much easier than I expected them to be. Once I got the gist of it, they went by smoothly. Since all of my sources are useful to me in different ways, it was easy to describe their helpfulness to my essay. The resource hub was difficult at first since I did not understand the difference between ‘Definition of the Controversy’ and ‘Illustration of the Problem’. Thankfully, there were several examples on the blog site to help with my own resource hub. Overall, Core 3 was not as challenging as I expected it to be.

3 comments:

  1. Emma-

    Your page looks very nice with the resource hub and all. The definition of the controversy is explained in depth and provides the reader with a solid background as they enter the meat and potatoes of your paper. Your thesis statement gets very specific and at the same time broad which I think is effective because you can continue to write a lot regarding that topic. The section where you illustrate the problem demostrates that you did extra and decided to dive more into your subject matter. I think that is extremely beneficial for you. Overall, with the links and everything else, this resource hub gets the job done with flying colors. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job at picking a controversy. The thesis is very clear and the backup you have developed through research is great. The background associated with the topic provides a vast amount of information that plays a critical role in understanding the full view of the problem. I like how you develop a flow to your hub using each area to back up the following information. Overall, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma,
    Nice job of bringing up a very important issue not only with theme parks but with society today. It's highly controversial and not many people like talking about it. Your illustration is what I like best. You put the reader in the discriminated shoes and point out what they've had to go through during the course of time. Your thesis is strong and each one of your links support it. Great job and I hope you get a nice grade

    ReplyDelete