Usually my research process consists of me searching whatever the topic is online. I might not use reliable sources, but I am only using it for a light background of the topic. Once I have an idea of what I’ll be writing about, I start to look for reliable, scholarly sources. This might be a trip to the library or searching newspapers for articles pertaining to the topic. I have done this all of my high school and start of college career. It has worked for me for all of these years so I’d have to say it is successful. For the Core 2 paper, I did the same routine but went more in depth concerning my primary source. For this, I had to weigh my options of who to interview, when to interview them, what I would ask, etc. For Core 3, I know some of my sources are going to be the same as in Core 2. My last sources helped me tremendously and I don’t think I could have written my paper as successfully as I did without the aid of those sources. In addition to finding new, more in depth sources, I will also keep the older material.
I might break down my research question into categories such as:
-Background/ History of appearance guidelines
-Opposing viewpoints
-Supporting viewpoints
-Examples of law suits, etc.
-Evidence
My Core 2 would fall under the supporting viewpoints category. There were many sources that supported my idea that the image codes were unjustifiable. Some of those sources were in fact, articles from scholarly journals. An example of that would be the source that contained the statistics of how many employees quit after knowing the appearance guidelines at Disney.
No comments:
Post a Comment