I have known what I wanted to pursue as a major for my entire high school career. It was the summer before my freshman year of high school that I applied for a job at my local amusement park. I was always interested in theme parks and different attractions and I wanted to get my feet wet in this profession. I got a job inside the arcade of the amusement park. My job wasn’t close to what I wanted to do in my future, but it did teach me some ropes of the industry, including guest services and also accounting. I was fortunate enough to get to work close to my managers and see what they did. I saw them in their offices making schedules for all the employees in the park, making sure payroll was perfect, and also going out into the arcade and fixing any problems guests were having. I wanted this same experience for when I got out of college, except I had bigger dreams. I wanted to be a manager that deals with attractions in a theme park, preferably Disney World or Universal. No one pushed me to my current major, hospitality management; I did all the research for myself and decided to take action. My high school guidance counselor even suggested that I not go into that field. She suggested that I go into fine arts since I did very well in all art programs at my high school. I knew that wasn’t where my heart lay and that hospitality was the right place for me.
1. How would a manager prevent ride accidents with risk management?
2. Are the parks limiting self-expression with forbidding tattoos, piercings, and dyed hair?
3. Why must all international parks run by Disney require executives to speak English?
4. Should smoking be banned entirely in theme parks?
5. What controversies will surface once Disney changes a beloved classic ride?
No comments:
Post a Comment